History

Our church family has been in ministry together for over 150 years since its formation as The First United Presbyterian Church in 1852. The need for a larger building led to the erection of a new church in 1869 which was destroyed by fire in 1917. The present brick building was built and dedicated in 1919. In 1969 the First Methodist Church of Decatur which was formed in 1861 merged with the Presbyterian church to form the First Presbyterian Church of Decatur.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: